CRS Log Locations
CRS HOME LOCATION
- $ORA_CRS_HOME = /u01/crs/oracle/product/10/crs
CRS LOG LOCATIONS
- $ORA_CRS_HOME/crs/log : Contains trace files for the CRS resources.
- $ORA_CRS_HOME/crs/init : Contains trace files of the CRS daemon during startup. This is a good place to start with any CRS login problems.
- $ORA_CRS_HOME/css/log : The Cluster Synchronization (CSS) logs indicate all actions such as reconfigurations, missed check-ins, connects, and disconnects from the client CSS listener. In some cases, the logger logs messages with the category of auth.crit for the reboots done by Oracle. This could be used for checking the exact time when the reboot occurred.
- $ORA_CRS_HOME/css/init : Contains core dumps from the Oracle Cluster Synchronization Service daemon (OCSSd) and the process ID (PID) for the CSS daemon whose death is treated as fatal. If abnormal restarts for CSS exist, the core files will have the format of core.
- $ORA_CRS_HOME/evm/log : Log files for the Event Volume Manager (EVM) and evmlogger daemons. Not used as often for debugging as the CRS and CSS directories.
- $ORA_CRS_HOME/evm/init : PID and lock files for EVM. Core files for EVM should also be written here.
- $ORA_CRS_HOME/srvm/log : Log files for Oracle Cluster Registry (OCR), which contains the details at the Oracle cluster level.
- $ORA_CRS_HOME/log : Log files for Oracle Clusterware (known as the cluster alert log), which contains diagnostic messages at the Oracle cluster level. This is available from Oracle database 10g R2.