How To Manage The Local Cluster Registry
The location of the Oracle Local Registry (OLR) can be found, and modified, via the /etc/oracle/ocr.loc file.
The OLR is located by dafault in the $GRID_HOME/cdata/localhost/$hostname.olr directory.
- The -local flag is added for readability however is a defaulted settings for standalone cluster environments.
- CHECK THE OLR STATUS
- DISPLAY THE CONTENTS OF THE OLR
ocrdump -local -stdout
BACKUP & RESTORE
- Unlike Oracle RAC installations, the OLR is only backed up once automatically at the time of install. All future backups must be made manually.
- A fresh backup of the OLR should be taken every time a configuration change is made, e.g. after adding a new resource.
- By default the backups are made in the $GRID_HOME/cdata/$hostname directory, however an alternative location can be speficifed by adding the -backuploc switch.
- TAKE A MANUAL BACKUP OF THE OLR
ocrconfig -local -manualbackup
- PERFORM A RESTORE OF THE OLR
crsctl stop crs ocrconfig -local -restore <olr_backup_file_name> ocrcheck -local crsctl start crs