INS-10102: Installer Initialization Failed
- The windows installer, initiated by double-clicking setup.exe, displays the banner and a DOS box momentarily and then fails with the error INS-10102: Installer Initialization Failed.
ORACLE ERROR OUTPUT
- Either by design, or more likely by accident, a blank inst_loc entry has been created in the Windows Registry. The most common causes of this are corporate software deployment tools.
- Run regedit.exe
- Locate key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ORACLE\inst_loc
- Either update the value with to the full path of the inventory,
- Or, if there is no Oracle software installed at present, delete the inst_loc key